Re: The transition from dgo

Curtis Hovey giudicò:

We need a solid PDF generation mechanism. Both U and A groups use local
installation of FOP (a Java implementation). I used FOP to make the last
round of user and admin docs that appear on w.g.o. PassiveTex is below
average, but is easier to get via your distros packaging system than
FOP. Creating a preprocessor to calculate column widths may do the trick
for PassiveTex. I want to switch from Norman Walsh's XSLT to
gnome-doc-utils

A candidate to check for this could be working on xmlroff which uses a pacthed pango (pangxsl) to draw text. Perhaphs this is currently not mature enough...

I'd like to postpone this until I get the content upgraded for
portability. I have been QAing a revision to dgo that has full HTML
pages instead of fragments and an updated page generation mechanism
(along the lines of evilsedhack). These pages are more portable, easier
to toss into a library.  I started this three weeks ago, but I haven't
had time in the past two weeks to to commit it since my wife has had me
altering some GNOME apps to do printing her way.

Maybe some new python web framework, just to follow the hype... ;)

I'd suggest TurboGears or, at least, its templating system Kid. :)

--
Buongiorno.
Complimenti per l'ottima scelta.