Re: The header on www.uk.gnome.org

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:10:39 +0100, Maria Blackmore <mariab cats meow at> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 08:06:03PM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
But yeah, I would agree, and would throw in the Eden project, the
millenial bridge in Newcastle, the Angel of the North, that kind of
thing.
It does sound like a job for a montage, doesn't it?

About the only way you can keep everybody happy - the south of England is very over represented by our media already (especially the BBC - we don't all live in the South East).

Should we start making a list of candidates?
London Eye

Not really - it's quite prosaic - after all, it's just a big ferris wheel

Millenial Bridge
Angel of the North
Stonehenge
Lake District?

How about one of the chalk figures that dots the UK's countryside (e.g. the Kilburn white horse, a common site when I were a lad).

There doesn't seem to be much from places that aren't in England either...

dave