Re: The header on www.uk.gnome.org

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 19:48 +0100, Maria Blackmore wrote:
> Well, sticking with that theme, how about Tower Bridge?  A unique piece of
> Britain, without being associated with the state itself.
>
> I have some nice looking pictures of the London Eye, truly a modern marvel
> in my eyes, and worthy of a place in the banner.

It's a good call, but for many Londoncentricism is worse than Little
Englandism :D

But yeah, I would agree, and would throw in the Eden project, the
millenial bridge in Newcastle, the Angel of the North, that kind of
thing.

There are plenty of things which say "UK" without needing to be
nationalist symbols - or, even, associated with politics - if we look
hard enough.

Cheers,

Alex.