Re: Forming GNOME-UK

Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 14:20 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
Magnus Therning wrote:
[...]
So, should the question at hand be changed to:

 Should GNOME-UK be open to users?

The GNOME Foundation is not open for pure users (if I understand the
text on http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/ correctly).
I think GNOME-UK should be open to all people who use GNOME and live (or have lived) in the UK. That is, we should be a user group type of organisation. It could provide an ideal forum for helping people get involved further in the GNOME community.

I hope not. GNOME-UK, the mailing-list, website, etc. should obviously
remain open to everyone. Membership to the association (we're not
talking about a small football club) includes privileges. I don't think
those privileges should be available to people who haven't helped GNOME.

OK. We're obviously talking cross purposes here. Do you perceive the official organisation as a small subset of the GNOME-UK group?

-Thomas