Re: Forming GNOME-UK

Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 13:16 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
<snip>
If you mean that anyone using GNOME should be able to get in the
association/club, and become treasurer, president, whatever else
position of power there is, just for the fact that they use GNOME, I
disagree.

I assume that these positions would be filled by some sort of democratic election process. We might well end up with the scenario you would prefer anyway, but if there is someone who is very enthusiastic and evangelic about GNOME, I don't think we should say they couldn't put their name forward because they are "just a user".

-Thomas