Re: Integrating Cheese with Empathy[Weekly Report 11+12]

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Will Thompson <will willthompson co uk> wrote:
> If I'm not misunderstanding: did you consider including the Vala code in
> Empathy, rather than rewriting it in C? It seems a shame to rewrite
> perfectly good working code. :) While Empathy doesn't itself currently
> depend on Vala to build, it does has a hard dependency on Folks, which
> is written in Vala, so I don't think it's too unreasonable an option.
> Guillaume doesn't seem to, either.

The Vala code that loads effect specifications isn't part of
libcheese; it's inside cheese' vala code.

I guess other applications that would want to use cheese-effects (e.g.
Empathy) would benefit if this code was in libcheese and wouldn't need
to reimplement it.

I have no idea how to include Vala code into libcheese and make that
available as a normal C API like the rest of libcheese.

For such a short piece of code it wouldn't make much sense to have
libcheese split in two languages.

--
Raluca-Elena