Re: Memory Fragmentation - Weekly Report

<-- Week 9 -->

Hello,

Sorry for my late report, I have been caught up in some health problems, but it's all ok for now.

Last week I have been working on adding the fragmentation level to the graph I already have, with time - lifetime. I have done that successfully, but with poor performance, so now I'm trying to implement a skip list structure, which is the fastest for search operations. This will improve speed a lot.

The results - with the poor performance version - were great, this tool will be very helpful. I played with it a little and noticed that signal handling really causes problems. I shall update my blog with new graphs this week, after I finish debugging my skip lists :)

Oh, and I will be finally using gnuplot, it's the best of all I know, because it allows real-time zoom-in without decrease in clarity (as i mentioned earlier, it redraws the graph each time you zoom in/out).

I also plan to tweak a little the memview.py script, stay tuned.