From: gnome-shell-list <gnome-shell-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of Carlos Soriano Sánchez <carlos soriano89 gmail com>
Sent: 25 May 2014 21:31
To: Sriram Ramkrishna
Cc: Albert; gnome-shell-list
Subject: Re: Extensions review

Florian, Drago,
Even more, Gnome is moving to application containers, but we are allowing those things in extensions?
Seems just against all the work and a hole of security/privacy/what-I-think-application-does-or-permission-to-acces-my-things on the user POV.
But I'm the new here... so maybe I'm wrong.
Florian, so are you still reviewing extensions? Maybe the situation was not that bad then... from the emails I though "nobody" was reviewing currently.

Sriram,
Right, still imho we should encourage to work together if possible (like seems it is currently working as drago advised).

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM, drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:

> 2) Duplicates: Yeah forgot to tell you about that in the last mail
> while doing a review check for dupes and if there is one don't approve
> it either get both authors to work together or if one gets abounded
> let the new user become the owner (i.e send mail wait two weeks if he
> does not respond transfer ownership).

That would eliminate a lot of the dock extensions, no?  We'll need to
let people who such extensions explain what is different about the way
they solve a dock as opposed to someone else.  (applicable to any
other duplicate extension as well)