Re: Extensions review

Hi,

Jasper, what we should look at extensions to allow them in?
If it is only to see if something is malicious and the connect, disconnect signals, maybe I can spare some time.

I'm not that interested in extensions tbh, so I would willing to review currents ones to give feedback
to that users that were not aware of Jasper not having time anymore. But I would put a warning in the
website from now on, telling that we will no longer provide that service, if it is our intention.

If our intention is to keep that service, I will put a warning anyway, telling that developers
are needed to continue providing the service, requiring some background on upstream, like
some patches or so. Maybe we have an opportunity here to bring some upstream developers too.

On ven, 2014-05-23 at 14:48 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Since the reviews are the first defense of anything malicious, we will
> need to approve the body of people with a vote from the gnome-shell
> maintainers and/or long time submitters.

Of course. I've submitted 3 extensions (one still relevant and
maintained). I won't be at GUADEC this year, but a few GNOME developers
have met me at the last GUADEC, including Stef Walter who mentored me
for GSoC last year.

I'm happy to discuss anything else necessary. This would be a good
chance for me to contribute something to GNOME more consistently. My
previous contributions have been quite sparse.