Re: Suggestion: Remove the Window Title Bar

On vie, 2011-10-07 at 10:29 +0200, Aurélien Naldi wrote:
> as the title bar already has only the close button (by default), I
> guess it makes sense. [...] I'm sure the specific details would need some tweaking, just
> saying that I would like the general idea of hiding the title bar.

Yeah - did I mention that there are a lot of open questions? ;-)

> I think most of the underlying tech is here already: unity use a
> protocol through which the applications describes its menu. Then it is
> up to the shell to decide how to organize them.

Except that Canonical is in a position where they can patch
non-GNOME/GTK+ applications (Firefox, Libreoffice, Qt, Motif, ...),
while GNOME is not.
(But than I'm not a big fan of global menus - in my opinion the top bar
should be system space outside applications - with the exception of the
app menu for _application_ actions (not window-specific actions like
copy/edit or items like menu bars))

Florian