Re: The good, the bad, the insane

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> The only real cultural mismatch I think exists here is what the right
> response is to do if the user gets confused by a menu that says:
>
>  Suspend
>  Hibernate
>  Power Off
>  Restart
>
> Is the right thing to do to provide training for the user, or is the
> right thing to do to improve the user interface? I'm strongly of the
> opinion that we should improve the user interface.
>
> - Owen

Well then couldn't there just be a 'Power Off' and 'Suspend' option in
the menu then?  That doesn't seem too confusing... Suspend = "I'll be
back in a bit and want to get back to what I was doing".  Power Off =
"I'm done for a while and just want to turn the computer off".  Of
course the power off option should follow current behaviour of asking
wether one wants to power off or restart.