Re: The good, the bad, the insane

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 08:53 -0700, Diego Fernandez wrote:

> Well then couldn't there just be a 'Power Off' and 'Suspend' option in
> the menu then?  That doesn't seem too confusing... Suspend = "I'll be
> back in a bit and want to get back to what I was doing".  Power Off =
> "I'm done for a while and just want to turn the computer off".  Of
> course the power off option should follow current behaviour of asking
> wether one wants to power off or restart.

OK, let's assume the user gets that distinction clear in their mind.
Do they then realize that Suspend is a quite reasonable thing (*) to do
when "back in a bit" means "tomorrow"? Usually, no, they don't.

- Owen

(*) I'm willing to say that turning your computer off at the wall
    every night is *also* reasonable for certain users, but if you
    crunch the numbers it's spending a lot of time for something that
    isn't very high on anybody's carbon footprint..