Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On Thursday, 19 May, 2011 11:02 AM, Ryan Peters wrote:

If we really we do need stuff like this rather than the default, some must become an official release from GNOME Shell. Not third party for the sake of end users and stability of the DE.
I never said extensions were needed; sorry if it came across that way. What I meant to say is that, if GNOME Shell feels incomplete for you, you can extend it with extensions. The only extension that I'm currently using right now is the places menu (and I don't even use it, so I might remove it). I'm very content with how GNOME 3 works as-is, and the only thing I've used GNOME Tweak Tool for was changing my GTK3, Mutter, and icon themes.
Including changing the default colors? GNOME Tweak Tool must be awesome. (Haven't been in G3 these past weeks, for I cannot upgrade to F15 first w/o it running vmware.)

Regards,
Allan