Re: Why Favorites are not on the top bar?

Gnome 3 plays nicely with on screen launchers.

Justin Edwards
TeleLanguage Inc,
Network Administrator

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 20:13 +0200, David Prieto wrote:
>         How this would be different if basically the same Favorites IU
>         element
>         would, say, slide down from, or enlarges the top of the
>         screen,
>         when mouse is moved there? Imagine small Favorites thingy
>         situated
>         to the right from "Activities" in the upper left corner...
>
> First, weren't you the one complaining about change "for the sake of
> change"? Justin and me gave you a valid answer to your question (why
> aren't the launchers on the top bar?) and yet you keep pressing on,
> telling us that still, it could be changed. Apparently, just because.

Such change would make UI a bit more like Gnome 2, thus, reducing amount
of change people experience when they go from Gnome 2 to 3.

> Second, if you needed to actually take the cursor to the launchers for
> them to enlarge, then it wouldn't really be any help, now would it?

Gosh... You ALWAYS take the cursor to a launcher, wherever it is.
But now, on the main screen, you don't even SEE the launcher.
You need to do some action (Win key or mouse gesture) to make it
visible, and THEN you can click it. This is not an improvement
compared to Gnome 2, however you slice it.

--
vda