Re: getting rid of topbar

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
> 2011/7/14 Artur Wroblewski <wrobell pld-linux org>

[...]
> (Yes, we could hide the corners "automagically" when the main panel actor is
> hidden, but the panel is *supposed* to be always visible)

Not according to Jasper who wrote "and we hide/show the top panel
in certain cases". I assume the truth is somewhere in the middle here? ;)

> Keeping in mind that your extension is doing stuff that is conflicting with
> the gnome-shell design, you cannot really expect a convenience API for that
> purpose; especially as there is literally an infinite number of stuff that
> is conflicting with the design, it would be impossible to provide a
> convenient API for any of those.

Well, not sure about the design principles. But I really do not want to
sacrify usability of my screen for something which purpose is "indentifiable
visual identity" (https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design).

> Or in other words: you want to do unsupported stuff, you'll need to jump
> through some hoops.

Question is. Can we improve the programming experience here? :) If not - why?

[...]

Best regards,

Artur