Re: Window List Extension

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Tassilo Horn <tassilo member fsf org> wrote:
Kurt Rottmann <kurtrottmann gmail com> writes:

Hi Kurt,

> Congratulations, Gnome Shell is wonderful and it's a great job. It's
> very well designed but I think it needs a window list. I did an
> extension in case anyone needs it or wants to try it.
>
> http://www.o2net.cl/gnome/windowlist.html

Tried it and like it. :-)

Of course, it's totally not compliant with the GNOME3 design goals, but
it helps me for two reasons:

Yeah..

 - if the system is under heavy load, I really don't enjoy switching to
   the overview

 - it's faster than the alt-tab app switcher if you have lots of
   windows of one app (e.g., terminal) and want to switch to a specific
   one

You want notification if the system is behaving out of spec really.  For instnace, you should never have an app take more than 100%.  Detecting a malfunctioning app is really the right way to go.  It would be cool if the scheduler could notice these things and generate an alert. (it's arguable if that's the best place.. but there you go)

sri