Re: getting rid of topbar

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Artur Wroblewski <wrobell pld-linux org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
>> <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Artur Wroblewski
>> > <wrobell pld-linux org>
>> [...]
>> >
>> > The top panel and the corners are an illusion -- they're actually three
>> > separate actors. Main.panel.actor refers to the "main" one with all the
>> > content.
>>
>> Well, that's illusion is quite confusing. Is there a place for improvement
>> here (shall I fill some bug reports) or it is broken (IMHO) by design?
>
> They're three separate actors by design, because it's *really hard* to do it
> otherwise.

Why the "panel._leftCorner" then? (the association suggests that left
corner is part of
the panel).

> I assume what you really want is a method or something that will
> hide all three for you. I doubt you're going to get that API: it doesn't
> really benefit us at all.

Well, IMHO, it really might benefit us - the users who for some reason
need panel autohiding or do not need panel in desktop mode at all.
Of course it might be matter of visual identity or matter of taste. But
we can leave that discussion for "beer" time. ;)

Best regards,

Artur