Re: getting rid of topbar

2011/7/14 Artur Wroblewski <wrobell pld-linux org>
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
> 2011/7/14 Artur Wroblewski <wrobell pld-linux org>

[...]
> (Yes, we could hide the corners "automagically" when the main panel actor is
> hidden, but the panel is *supposed* to be always visible)

Not according to Jasper who wrote "and we hide/show the top panel
in certain cases". I assume the truth is somewhere in the middle here? ;)

Yes, I was simplifying. Point is, we don't need the corners' visibility tied to the main panel actor anywhere in the code.

Question is. Can we improve the programming experience here? :) If not - why?

If it bothers you that much, add the following to the beginning of your extension's main method:

Main.panel.actor.connect('notify::visible',
    function() {
        Main.panel._leftCorner.actor.visible = Main.panel.actor.visible;
        Main.panel._rightCorner.actor.visible = Main.panel.actor.visible;
    });

With that tweak, a call to Main.panel.actor.hide() will hide the corners as well.

Florian