Re: Gnome shell suggestions after a bit of usage

2011/7/9 Tassilo Horn <tassilo member fsf org>
Well, not that bad.  But still it needs three actions to pause the music
player: (1) open overview, (2) activate/unhide player, (3) press pause
in it.  With the usual system tray (aka notification area with icon
abuse), it's usually just right-click > pause.

It is not meant as a way to give quick access to applications - that should be provided by notifications (e.g. like Rhythmbox does it).

Sure, and for tablets in portrait orientation it's probaly too much even
right now.  So IMO, what's in the top bar should be configurable.  For
example, I have hawk's eyes and my laptop has no bluetooth, so the
accessibility as well as the bluetooth buttons are useless to me.

 The bluetooth icon is not supposed to show if the hardware is not available (just like there should not be a battery icon on desktop machines). So either your laptop "lies" about its capabilities, or there's some bug somewhere in the stack which is triggered on your hardware.

But ok, I know that a consistent interface is an important issue for the
GNOME3 design which has been discussed over and over again, so we can
simply stop talking about that. ;-)

ACK :-)

Don't you do web christmas lotteries, where you have to paste your name,
mail, and address over and over again?!?

No. We have a national christmas lottery where the winning numbers are chanted(!) by children in a 3-4 hour ceremony. It's bizarre enough to kill all desire for *more* christmas lotteries.

Yes, I've observer the same.  I only use the windowNavigator extension
to be able to select a window in the overview using the keyboard instead
of having to grab the mouse.

Keyboard navigation for windows is definitively something we want in the core - there's just no code yet. So here's hoping that you can dump that extension as well ...

Florian