Re: Workspaces, applications, tasks and gnome-shell

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 17:28 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:58, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 gmail com>
> wrote:
>
>         -1 for the running applications in separate workspace by
>         default for me
>         (0 if I'm not forced to use this mode)
>

> That isn't and never has been in the design. You, as the user, must
> add a workspace if you want one by dropping a non-running application
> launcher on the workspace creation icon or by moving an existing
> window thumbnail to the workspace creation icon. This avoids the
> situation where users would accidentally switch workspaces and not
> understand where their windows had gone.

"In future we might come up with a decent rule of what applications to
run in a separate workspace by default (Gimp being one of those
potential apps)." - I'm referring only to this paragraph. Otherwise I
think it is exactly the direction gnome-shell should be going (possibly
it should be polished etc.) in workspace management.

Regards