Re: Workspaces, applications, tasks and gnome-shell

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:14, Juan Manuel Santos <vicariousdm gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis gmail com> wrote:
Yeah, I have a problem with that too.  It should allow insertions. Although its crazy having more than 4->6 Workspaces.  Four(4) is mostly sufficient but ... I like the freedom though.

Just FTR, I use a 3x3 array of virtual desktops on my KDE (no, I do not use GS though I have tried it). It's not that crazy when you have many open apps and you like having them fullscreen'ed on a virtual desktop of its own.

It makes expo ("overview" in GS) harder to use as more virtual desktops mean harder-to-identify windows. But personally I use expo to move windows around to their approppriate desktop, OR when I feel that a window had opened behind a full screen window, in order to get to it and move it to the right desktop (e.g. if someone messaged me and the IM window opened behind my web browser).

Just to make it absolutely clear: there is no grid view in GNOME Shell master and hasn't been for 1.5 months. The organisation of workspaces (*if* they are created by the end user, they aren't there by default) will return in the form of thumbnails off to the side of the current workspace view. See here: http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/?p=1126