Re: Some small ideas for the Shell Panel and Overview

I looked at the 'new' interface and have only 1 suggestion and I am not sure how to convey this. Right-handed people would seem to look to the right and moving the mouse to the right is easier. So, with that thought in mind, move the Overwiew, Applications, Library to the right (flipped so to speak). In this way when the user moves the mouse to Applications the categories are immediately below. No moving from one side of the screen to the other. Everything in one place. If the user is left-handed then move the category list to the other side of the iconized list of applications. Upon installation perhaps you could ask if the user is right-handed or left-handed with a radio button. This would also be a possible to change the mouse to left-handed. You could explain how this will effect the interface with pictures, as you do when the OS is installing. To carry the theme even further at install time, you could display sizes of icons on the panel. Let them choose smaller, larger, whatever. Man, I hope I made myself clear. It's hard to explain in text and so easy in images but I suck at creating images.