Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 20:36 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
> > >
> > > You mean press the windows key and type the program name? I've tried
> > > this, I can't remember every program name,
> >
> > It searches by description too. File a bug with the application in
> > question if you think the desktop file does not adequately describe the
> > function of the application.
>
> I was about to point that out, then did a few tests which reminded me
> the descriptions are usually pretty fracking useless...
>
> 'rip' does not get you Sound Juicer
> 'burn' does not get you Brasero
> 'sound' does not get you Audacity (but somehow, it *does* get you
> Brasero?)
> 'audio' gets you Audacity, but not Rhythmbox (you have to hit 'music'
> for that)
> 'video' does not get you Totem
>
> so, yeah, it's not great =)

Maybe you meant to say 'sub-names' ... not sure that's the right term
for that.  E.g Typing 'moni' gets you 'System Monitor' and 'off' gets
you all of LibreOffice or OpenOffice apps.  So, if you know a bit about
the Applications name, it helps (being accurate may not be necessary but
a piece of the name works)