Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 14:01 +0000, JB wrote:
> Well, I have realized what happened just few days ago when I installed Fedora
> 15 in its alpha stage with GNOME 3, which is by my observation far from done.
> I did it as a reaction to Fedora users expressing their concerns about it.

Why am I not surprised?  Surely all that whining will have its toll on
spectators who have no idea about the history of the subject matter.
And that is what bothers me the most.  It seems to me that the reactions
and overreactions of the old-timers will end up being the deciding
factor rather than the subject matter.  Its all relativity at best and
the worst basis for conclusion.

The real issue is ... 'WHAT DO YOU THINK after using it?' *and NOT*
'what do they think'

> I am surprised. I think the points I raised are fundamental to GUI
> functionality and end user's acceptance, now and more so in the future by
> the existing users base.
> I still hope that GNOME devs will pull a rabbit from a hat and avert potential
> problems with their users base.

The user base is gradually changing.  Its a poke, swipe and touch
generation and the Devs want to tune into the hype.  But change comes
with costs as you can already see. While the users have some legitimate
concerns, and the Developers have some interesting plans I think its
wrong communication methods that both parties sometimes employ that make
resolutions so though.