Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 22:18 +0200, Aniruddha wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM, JB <jb 1234abcd gmail com> wrote:
> >> Solutions:
> >>
> >> 1) Replace the  Activities in the top left corner with a regular Gnome menu.
> >> 2) Show running programs in the panel
> >>

> > Well, well ...
> > And I thought I would have to become a lonely wolf :-)
> > Thanks.
>
> :-) I really hope these 2 points will be implemented again, without
> these features I find Gnome 3  less efficient (1 vs 2 clicks) and more
> distracting (I have to stop everything I am doing each time I use an
> activity such as watch running programs or start a new application). I
> like the new application menu though.

Why is use of the Applications menu such a big deal to you two, btw? Why
do you use it so much? I almost never touch it. Anything I launch a lot
gets made a favorite, anything I launch infrequently I just search for
(which is no clicks: 'start' key, type.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey