Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 15:21 +0000, JB wrote:
> Onyeibo Oku <twohotis@...> writes:
> > Why am I not surprised?  Surely all that whining will have its toll on
> > spectators who have no idea about the history of the subject matter.
> > And that is what bothers me the most.  It seems to me that the reactions
> > and overreactions of the old-timers will end up being the deciding
> > factor rather than the subject matter.
> The reaction (not overreaction) by "old-timers" is based on their experience
> with what works and what not, and with technical and non-technical user bases.
> Most of these birds are (and should be) concerned with ease-of-use and sane
> continuity of design of their daily tools.

Bogus.  Don't try the old-war-horse defense.  I'm an old war horse.
Professional UNIX admin for >15 years, used LINUX since kernel 0.99a,
and paid subscriber back in the Ximian days.

There are lots of things that are clunky in the 'legacy' 2.x GNOME,  3.0
has some shiney-and-new wobbles, but the direction is well thought out.
Things change.  Move on.