Re: Why nested alt-tab?

That would be the same as adding an old fashioned task bar (xp), if anything at all we should look at the way tabs have developed. First of all the user wants to access any of his 'windows', he wants to get their within one click. Secondly, all tabs a linearly organised, there is no categorisation except for the order. Tabs from the same site are NOT nested, simply because you want to have access to all of them. The very idea of nesting them is an artifact from the time that screens were too small. Possibly it should even be considered to not have a dynamic order in the alt+tab window, but rather a static semi-chronological one (by creation) through which [TAB] navigation will be 'by update' and click navigation will be 'by creation' (if my last idea was unclear I can describe it in further detail if necessary).
  David Mulder