Re: Active Applications list

I understand that the gnome-shell developers have already made these decisions, and have decided that an application list is unnecessary after thorough research. However, it should be clear by now that the community doesn't understand the logic behind the decisions. Instead of saying "the developers have decided, please stop talking about this," the developers should respond to the community's concerns by explaining the reasoning behind the decision. For example, look at  firefox. After the developers decided to move tabs to the top for firefox 4, the community was concerned. However, instead of stifling the community's criticism, they released a short video explaining the rationale behind the decision: (http://people.mozilla.com/~faaborg/files/20100625-tabsOnTop/Tabs.theora.ogv). The gnome shell team should do something similar, and explain the rationale to the users in a clear fashion.

If after this information is released people still see valid flaws in the reasoning, maybe the team should listen to the community, who have been eagerly following the gnome- shell project, testing it and sharing their feedback.

Just my 2¢.