Re: Scroll to zoom in/out.

On 04/14/2010 07:58 PM, Jason Sauders wrote:
Shell is a fantastic thing, and I can see it going far. Out of all of
the users I have shown Gnome Shell to and have used it for an extensive
period (in the dozens) I can chop a few fingers off and still count on 1
hand how many believed it didn't need a more practical window switcher.

Gnome Shell in its current state, to me, feels like it' s a puzzle. A
really, awesome, elaborate puzzle. But there's a piece missing right in
the center of it, making it difficult to look at and see the "full
picture." A native window/application switcher -on-the-screen- is what's
missing in my opinion.

YES - We can take Gnome Shell and install Docky. But I'm a realist...
telling people that is going to cause a "-1" reputation to Gnome Shell
right off the bat. It should feel complimented in every angle. If you
don't agree with me, you have nothing to worry about because Gnome Shell
currently suits YOU then. I'm speaking on behalf of the majority of
users I've spoken to who also agreed with me that there's that ONE piece
still missing...

Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Rovanion Luckey wrote:
Just one more thing:

     GNOME Shell doesn't need a dock, never will, and if you want a
     different way to access your applications, just use a dock
     yourself or wait until someone develops an add-on for A similar
     feature.

We do not want to create the shell as a product that when it is out,
people will talk about it in terms of: "Yes gnome shell is wicked
cool! You just have to add a dock for window switching and then it is
totally awesome!". Gnome Shell should be released as a finished
product, not something where the general consensus is that you have to
change and add a lot of stuff to get it working. It should simply work.

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion<http://www.twitter.com/Rovanion>