Re: Scroll to zoom in/out.

Dnia 2010-04-13, wto o godzinie 19:48 -0400, Jason Sauders pisze:
> What if alt+scroll is bound to zoom
> in/out? That'd be pretty handy.

Good idea. :)
+1

> are we going to see some sort of dock-like or somehow an integrated
> system to quickly switch between active applications WITHOUT having to
> go to the overview mode (or alt tab) to do it?

Please, no dock!
http://www.asktog.com/columns/044top10docksucks.html

Could you please elaborate, why do you think having all running
applications visible at once and accessible with one click so important?
Is there a use case, or is it just resistance to change the habit?

There is a case when you are working with two/three windows (source and
destination document) and need to be able to quickly change between
them, but there are many sooooo better ways one could accomplish this.
1. If you have big display, just tile the windows to see them both at
once. There are even WMs that enforce this workflow. [1]
2. If you are working with test, keyboard switcher (Atl-Tab) is so much
quicker than leaving the keyboard and handling the mouse. We even have
one application window switch shortcut (Alt-`)
3. Grouping working set windows in one using a window manager feature
and switching the grouped windows with mouse or keyboard. [2] [3]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiling_window_manager
[2] http://wiki.compiz.org/Plugins/Group
[3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nK4_cH5sbM