Re: Newbie questions

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 12:02 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> I too could never get visor and /dev/ttyUSB* to work with my 700p, so I
> switched to libusb, which is faster.

There are definitely people who have the 700p working with the standard
kernel visor driver (I helped at least one over the last month to get it
working on the J-Pilot mailing list[1]).

> Try this, it works for me with a 700p on Debian etch:
>       * find /lib/modules -name visor.ko -print
>       * mv <that file> /root/ [if there's more than one, give them
>         different names]

AIEEE! Just blacklist it, don't move out it of the way... This is in my
HOWTO[2] on setting this up.

[1] http://lists.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2007-June/006970.html
[2] http://www.pilot-link.org/README.libusb

--