Re: Kyocera 7135 not behaving with gpilot

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 22:08, Don Seiler wrote:
> On 15:56 Wed 09 Mar     , Don Seiler wrote:
> > OK well it seemed to work the first time for initial setup.  Only my
> > first real attempt at syncing crashed the evolution exchange backend and
> > now if I try to open Pilot Settings, nothing opens.  I can still do
> > pilot-xfer just fine.
> >
> > I have tried to shutdown all of evolution (even backend stuff) and
> > restart it, but no change.
>
> Seems I have to kill any and all gpilotd processes in order to bring up
> the control applet UI again.  Every other sync has also caushed the
> addressbook to crash.
>
> Otherwise I can sync my addressbook, but I get connection lost error
> when trying to sync the date book.  Might this be due to recurring
> appointments without end or something?

what version of evolution are you using?  search the list for plenty
of evolution woes, including some workarounds for evolution confusion.
I'm still using v1.4.6 and it seems mostly okay, but I've got an old
palmV, so I've a plain old datebook database which makes things a bit
simpler.

Matt