Re: Coexisting with vmware?

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 13:39 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > The only difference for me between focus and non- focus is that
> > VMWare pops up the error message immediately when it has focus,
> > rather than waiting for me to choose the menu option.
>
> 	Menu option? What is this menu option you speak of?

After I have pressed HotSync, this menu option appears:

    VM -> USB Port 1 -> PalmOne Inc. Palm Handheld

If VMWare doesn't have focus, I can pick that to get the sorry-visor-
has-the-device message. If it does have focus, I get that message right
away.

> > Personally, I'm fine with editing modules.usbmap when I need to make
> > the change. But if anybody has a burning desire to get to the bottom
> > of things, I'm glad to serve as guinea pig.
>
> 	The problem is already solved... unless Fedora broke this too.

Right. What I'm saying is that although I don't personally care enough
to figure out why this works for you but not for me, I could see that
some others might, and I'd be glad to aid them if that's the case. Sorry
if I was unclear.

Regards,

William

--