Re: Coexisting with vmware?

> Does anybody know if there a way to prevent the kernel from claiming
> what ends up as /dev/ttyUSB1 so that VMWare can nab it? I looked at
> the module source to see if there were parameters I could pass; it
> looks like there is a way to tell how to recognize new devices, but
> not how to suppress recognition of old ones.

	Yes, remove the visor module prior to syncronizing with
VMWare. I do this all the time. Now, thanks to being able to use
libusb natively with pilot-link (no visor module required, 6x speed
increase), I don't have to remove the module before I syncronize with
whatever guest I have in VMWare.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com