Re: Coexisting with vmware?

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 12:24 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > And the problem for the original poster, as he mentioned previously,
> > was that the visor module was getting reloaded on every sync
> > (presumably via hotplug, which you've previously implied you don't
> > use).
>
> 	This doesn't happen if you give the VM focus. It was a problem
> in version 3.x of VMWare, but 4.x works this way.

I'm using VMWare Workstation 4.5.2 build-8848, and this doesn't work for
me. Whether I rmmod just visor or visor and usbserial, VMWare pops up
this message immediately when I press the hotsync button:

        The specified device appears to be claimed by another driver
        (visor) on the host operating system which means that the device
        may be in use. VMware Workstation cannot safely take control of
        the device until the host driver is unloaded.

But Matt Davey's solution of commenting out the modules.usbmap entry for
my device works well enough for me for now.

Thanks all for your help!

William

--
William Pietri <william scissor com>