Re: Handspring TREO 270

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 14:11, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > So what would be a reason that I do not see the icon of 'PilotSync'?
>
> 	Try this:
>
> 	gpilotd-control-applet --cap-id=1
Ok, I rerun this command as root, and while connecting the first time to
my TREO 270 gpilotd crashed. Then I continued and finished the setup. I
then done 'killall gpilotd' and restarted gpilotd and now I get:

 gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.71 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
gpilotd-Message: Removed stale lock on /dev/ttyUSB1 (pid 847)
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB1)
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Then I get the error message on my TREO that I can not connect.

My questions are: Why does the setup-manager of gnome-pilot crash when I
try to connect the first time to gpilotd during setup? Is there any log
I can check?

Thanks for your time and help.

Zeno