Re: Handspring TREO 270

Zeno Davatz wrote:

Hi

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 19:10, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
Debian woody doesn't have a recent pilot-link or gnome-pilot. You should get least 0.11.7 and 0.1.71 respectively.
I am running pilot-link 0.11.7-2 and gnome-pilot 0.1.71-5.

Okay, that should be fine.

I could sync
my handheld to /home/zeno/MyPilot with pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -s
/home/zeno/MyPilot. Now I got all the pdb and prc data in
/home/zeno/MyPilot - but how do I get that data in my Evolution??

Indeed, pilot-xfer worked for me too, because it uses pi_accept(), gnome-pilot used pi_accept_to() (with timeout); my patch made gnome-pilot use pi_accept(). And it still seems to timeout just fine.

I don't know about the 270, but my 300 doesn't sync with gnome-pilot 0.1.71 either. A patch sent to this list on March 23 ("Treo 300 Success!") fixes that problem.
Thanks for the hint. Read that message to.
I've backported the newer pilot-link and (patched) gnome-pilot to woody (without all of the GNOME 2 stuff in other backports), you can get them at http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/evolution/ (sorry, not aptable yet). I'd love to learn whether this solves your problem...
Thanks for the hint. Can I use these debs for my PPC?

Well, not as such, you have to get the .orig.tar.gz, .diff.gz and .dsc files which constitute the source packages. Then install build-essential, and run:

dpkg-source -x <package-version-debversion>.dsc
cd <package-version>
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

This should leave a bunch of .debs in the directory above -- if it doesn't die first complaining about missing build dependencies. (I don't know whether you'll need my pilot-link, it sounds like that part is working just fine for you.) Also, depending on which version of the libs evolution was built against, you may need to rebuild that too; prepend to the above "apt-get source evolution" and build after you've installed the new (pilot-link and) gnome-pilot.

What really iritates me is that I can not add the 'PilotSync' icon to my
Panel. According to http://milnber.gotadsl.co.uk/clie/pilot_link.html
this should be possible without any problem.

You can't add the applet to the panel? I just right-click on the panel to give

Thanks for your time and help.

Zeno