Re: Handspring TREO 270

Zeno Davatz wrote:

Hi List

I am a Handspring TREO 270 User. I am using Debian Woody 3.0 on my ppc.

Debian woody doesn't have a recent pilot-link or gnome-pilot. You should get least 0.11.7 and 0.1.71 respectively.

I got Evolution, pilot-link, gnome-pilot installed. My USB is connecting
to /dev/ttyUSB1.

I can sync perfectly with jpilot.

If I hotsync (press the sync Button on my cable) with Evolution I get an
error from my TREO (the same error I used to get with jpilot: can't
establish connection between computer and handheld).

I know that with jpilot I have to press 'sync' after I hit the the
TREO-sync button. Evolution has no such 'sync' Button.

I don't know about the 270, but my 300 doesn't sync with gnome-pilot 0.1.71 either. A patch sent to this list on March 23 ("Treo 300 Success!") fixes that problem.

I've backported the newer pilot-link and (patched) gnome-pilot to woody (without all of the GNOME 2 stuff in other backports), you can get them at http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/evolution/ (sorry, not aptable yet). I'd love to learn whether this solves your problem...
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>