Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:44:41PM +0000, Oliver Burnett-Hall wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 04:47, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:13:36AM +0100, Marc Maurer wrote:
> > > For a start, we should update the GOffice homepage, which has this
> > > "Gnome Office is actually a meta-project" nonsense on it. Then, we
> > > should become a 'real' office suit, with a select group of high
> > > quality _office_ applications.
> >
> > Amen.
> > It boils down to resources.  If someone can step up to the plate and
> > work on the website it would be a huge help.
>
> I'm willing to do this - I've got some ideas for updating/redoing the
> existing site and have made a start on this.  I should have something
> semi-working in the next week or so.
>
> Couple of questions:
>
> (1) Where in cvs can I find the existing web pages?   I've had a look
> but got annoyed with the ultra-slow web-cvs interface before I could
> find anything.

module gw-web

has the pages for the gnome-office site.
Gnumeric's pages live in module gnomeweb-wml
    www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/

Do you have a cvs account ?

> (2) Which apps should be considered to be part of gnome office these
> days?

the defacto set right now are
- abi
- gnumeric
- gnome-db

Apps like conglomerate that have expressed a desire to join, and
have followed up by trying to use some of the gnome office libs seem
like good candidates.

> (3) Does anyone have any material about the office project (from talks
> or anything) that I can recycle?

Here are some gnumeric centric talks from last summer
    http://www.gnome.org/~jody/ols-2003
    http://www.gnome.org/~jody/guadec4-dublin/