Re: suggestion: unified media player control panel applet

Le vendredi 16 septembre 2005 à 11:10 +0200, Christian Fredrik Kalager
Schaller a écrit :
> Hi Ross,
> You are overdesigning :) All the applet would need to do is send out the
> same X keycodes that multimedia keys on laptops and modern keyboards do
> and you are set (as all apps important applications support those).
>
> Adam, why don't you get Frederic to hack on this, it shouldn't be more
> than maybe a days worth of hacking.

/me slaps Uraeus :)

We already did this since Mandriva LE 2005. We preconfigured a bunch of
multimedia keyboard in gnome-keybinding-properties for most common keys.

Unfortunately, multimedia keyboard mapping is like hell : there are at
least 120 different multimedia keys specified in xorg file (more than
standard keys) and almost each keyboard vendor is using a different key.

We have pre-configured GNOME keybinding for actions which are already
available with most commonly used keycode, but the work should be done
in x.org, to rationalise keycode.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva