Re: suggestion: unified media player control panel applet

> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 17:36 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 09:30 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Well, ANYWAYS, I'd say all this goes to show that we certainly don't
> > > have the One True Media player yet (if ever) and my original proposal
> > > should still be considered. Any of you lot - especially the ones who
> > > actually write media players, hi Ross and Bastien - have an opinion on
> > > it? Or want to write it? :)
> >
> > I don't believe in the One True Media Player.  I challenge anyone to
> > come up with a *good* UI which combines with internet video playing and
> > CD ripping.
>
> Erm, the original proposal was not to write the One True Media Player.
> It was to write a panel applet consolidating simple controls for all
> current media players, instead of the current situation where they all
> stick a non-removable notification area icon in my panel with their own
> controls on it. The discussion kind of sprawled in a major way from that
> point.

Oh, sorry.  I don't believe in that either.  :)

Applications in Desktop should agree on a general layout for the
notification area, but I also don't believe that the notification area
is a good use for media player remote controls.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./