Re: Coaster-lib

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 21:00, Mark Finlay wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 09:51, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> > Hi Iain,
> >
> > On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 02:49, iain wrote:
> > > While I agree that we'll cross that hurdle when theres actually a
> > > program that can burn CDs (no offense...), but I disagree that you can't
> > > make it simple. There's powerful enough autodetection of architecture,
> > > even if it's only at compile time, then you can either
> > > a) Compile in the correct code to "just do" the bootable stuff
> > > b) Hide the option if the architecture isn't supported.
> >
> > And if I want to make a SPARC bootable CD on my PPC/x86?
>
> CO gconf UGH

Thats got nothing to do with it.

Ronald was commenting on a possiblity that I hadn't quite grasped
and his problem with my solution is not ever going to be solved by
gconf.

Ronald: Point taken, but I still don't think it's much harder then.
We compile code to do all of them into the executable and set the
default to the correct one, but have an option menu with "Make bootable
Cd for"

However, it is all fairly pointless posturing until there's actually
something concrete to work with.

iain
--
"No offence to them, but forty years from now,
 who's going to remember the Chemical Brothers?" - Steve Vai