Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild-related project

On 6/15/05, Mark Drago <markdrago mail com> wrote:
I'll give Fedora a go.  I suppose I'll do it starting from a
'workstation' installation of FC4.

I'm not real familiar with the current FC install sets, but that does
sound about right. Make sure you specific what you started from on the
wiki page.

I'm not terribly sure which packages get installed for each install set,
but a screenshot of the part of the installer where you pick the install
set is available and it includes a description:
http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=335&slide=7

Ah, yeah.... workstation installs developer tools. So someone who'd
installed the personal desktop set would still be pretty
confused/hosed if they tried to install/use jhbuild.

I suppose I could start from the 'personal desktop' one which would
likely include more packages.  That might work out better since all of
the development packages would have to get installed, not just what was
left out of the workstation install.  I'll start with the personal
desktop install and see what comes up.  It might be possible to just
remove things from the list of packages to add to the 'personal desktop'
install set and get a list of packages to add to the 'workstation'
install set.

That definitely sounds like the right approach.

Luis