[gnome-love] jhbuild-related project

Hey, all-
It was pointed out to me in IRC that lots of people are having trouble
with jhbuild. Two things:

1) I'm definitely working on getting hardware to do a permanent public
tinderbox on, ideally with several operating systems in parallel. In
the meantime, I can say today that as of this morning, tinderbox is
green- everything builds.

2) (the project part :) Lots of the more experienced folks take it for
granted that you have to install many things (like gcc, docbook tools,
etc.) to get 'jhbuild build' to succeed. It would be great if
somewhere in the wiki we had a list of the packages one had to install
for a 'jhbuild build' to succeed from a clean OS install. So the page
would look something like:

== Ubuntu Hoary ==
apt-get install build-essential docbook2x docbook-xsl docbook-to-man

== Fedora Core 4 ==
yum install gcc bar baz

That way when a newbie came and said 'I want to use jhbuild', we could
point them to this page and have them install all the prerequisites in
one go, instead of having to figure them out as they go along (which
is the current situation.)

So... if anyone wants to take a default install of those OSes, and do
this work and dump it in the wiki, it would be pretty awesome, I
think, and very helpful to lots of newbies.

Thanks-
Luis