Re: [gnome-love] Things that make you go "What in the world is That?!?"

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 08:53, Elijah Newren wrote:
<snip>
This is true right now, but it *really* sucks.  Once upon a time, to
install linux you had to know how to compile your own kernel, and would
need to know your hardware in detail.  That was bad and kept people from
using linux.  I still feel like I sometimes like Google is an
*sigh*.  That's what I get for revising what I type in the middle of
typing it up without re-reading it at the end.  What I meant to say is
"I still feel like Google..."

indispensable tool for some simple tasks like using a usb keychain.
That sucks.  I think, as a whole, we realize that requiring end users of
software to do these big tasks is bad for wide adoption, but I really
feel that as a community we haven't yet grasped the same concept for
developer documentation.

<snip>