Re: [gnome-love] Things that make you go "What in the world is That?!?"

Elijah Newren wrote:

<snip>

"What in the world
is That?!?".

I'd like some help with suggestions on what to cover.  Of course, my
tutorial is limited in scope so I cannot add everything.  (I want to
make sure anything I add is relevant to most/many new developers,
among other things.)  But, I thought this could be a fun and
instructive thread on gnome-love as well.

</snip>

Basic things in glib get me stuck. Such as gobject. I have yet to see a guide which can explain it to me in terms of c++ or java or what-have-you. How do interfaces work in the system. How do I know all the things I should include in a new class. I have seen two guides on this and neither of the relate to a more familiar OOP langauge.

Another thing I have been wrestling with lately is GtkListStore. How the heck do I use these?

Lastly I am still completely bewildered by internationalization , i.e. the _ macro.

I really excited to be working on the gnome project, It is just a pain in the rear to get started.