Re: [gnome-love] Things that make you go "What in the world is That?!?"

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 18:35 -0500, Chris Kelso wrote:
  Basic things in glib get me stuck.  Such as gobject.  I have yet to
see a guide which can explain it to me in terms of c++ or java or
what-have-you.  How do interfaces work in the system.  How do I know all
the things I should include in a new class.  I have seen two guides on
this and neither of the relate to a more familiar OOP langauge.

http://le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/index.html

  Another thing I have been wrestling with lately is GtkListStore.  How
the heck do I use these?

http://scentric.net/tutorial/treeview-tutorial.html

  Lastly I am still completely bewildered by internationalization , i.e.
the _ macro.

http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/

(Note that the first two are linked from the gnome-love wiki page and
the third should be added... looking a *bit* harder for information is
part of the open source game :)

ciao
        paolo