Re: [gnome-love] Re: Re: anyone wanna help with gnome-backgrounds

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 14:17, Rodney Dawes wrote:
On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 12:33, Mark Finlay wrote:
On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 17:06, Rodney Dawes wrote:
On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 11:08, Mark Finlay wrote:
I'll clean some things up, and post another mockup.

Look forward to seeing it

http://www.gnome.org/~dobey/gnome-background-properties.png

Very nice, still have two reservations tho:
* I don't think the text beside the image is very useful. The vast
majority of images aren't going to have decent metadata anyway, and it
takes up load of space

It does not take up loads of space. this is a *list*, not a broken icon
view thing. The metadata is very useful. Just because there are current
limitations in the way people use the desktop, doesn't mean we shouldn't
innovate and coax them to do something better.

Right.  Plus it can help in many situations; think slightly different
backgrounds where the thumbnail is too small, or visually impaired users
setting a background (don't ask why ;-)

* Is there an issue with using "Add Image(s)"? Cus "Add Images"
kinda implies that you have to add more than one..

Yes. The parens take up too much space in the buttons. It also implies
that *we* have no clue what the fuck we are talking about, and just
promotes confusion to the user. I really don't think we should have the
term "Image" in the buttons at all.

Ah. I love English sometimes. "Wallpaper" is both singular and plural.
Put a new image up. This looks even better. :)

Hmm, tho what now do you recommend to translators?

http://www.gnome.org/~dobey/gnome-background-properties.png

-- dobey