[gnome-love] anyone wanna help with gnome-backgrounds

Hey all,

In the gnome beautification discussions a while back, the idea of
creating a module of some nice backgrounds to package with gnome came
up. I think that this is a great idea, and if we want it viable for
inclusion in 2.5 we need the following:

* A person of group of people to to put suggest, discuss and choose
backgrounds for inclusion (taking into account that they have to fit in
well with the gnome artwork). We want to keep the size of the module to
an absolute minimum so we need to be very selective. We need to decide
what type of backgrounds we want, do we want beautiful photos? do we
want nice digital art, do we want gnome-logo-branded stuff? do we want a
bit of each?

* Someone to work out how we make this an installable module. Do we need
autotools if there is no code? Maybe looking at the how
gnome-themes-extras does it would help us.

We also need to look at improving the background chooser, but that has
to wait for the code freeze, so it's be nice to get cracking on this
soon.

For anyone who has been lurking, waiting to find somewhere you can
contribure to gnome, this is your chance ;) I can do this all myself,
and I probably will if I have to, but we are less likely to get a very
subjective set of backgrounds if there are a couple of people involved
in the decision process.

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student