Re: Red Carpet 0.9 beta

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 07:38:35 Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:

> Hehehe. I have a doubt: your RPMs are official from Red Hat or from
> other sources? Could it be that they are perfectly valid RPMs, but not
> official ones, so Red Carpet thinks "oooh, this is not a package of
> distro Foo version Bar, nuke it". Just wondering if the problem is
> that, cos it seems they are not tar.gz and not forced (that is what
> the thread says, no?).

My RPMs are a mix of official from Red Hat/Ximian/whoever, and also from
various developers who chose to make an RPM of their software available.  Most
of these have not been --force or --nodeps installed.  Even several of the
RPMs installed from Heli... er, Ximian via Helix Update were in the list to be
forcefully removed, which I find puzzling.  You would think that Ximian's RPMs
would be dependency-correct, wouldn't you?  :)

Man, I wish I'd kept my mouth shut... this thread I started is annoying. :)

--
Renze